Loomis Lakeside at Reeds Landing will be celebrating National Assisted Living Week®, September 8-12 with The Magic of Music.
- Monday, September 8, Benjamin Buck, a 10 year old prodigy will play classical pieces, Broadway show tunes, folk songs of different countries, ragtime, jazz or blues songs, and pop hits on the piano. He will also sing and dance to many of the pop pieces as he stands and plays the piano.
- Tuesday, September 9, Accordion Player, John Thorpe will perform a special interactive “Name That Tune” show.
- Wednesday, September 10, Pastor Tim Ramgren and the Youth Group from the Evangelical Covenant Church of Springfield will make their monthly visit. Assisted living residents absolutely love this group and have gotten to know the students quite well. This week they are going to sing songs and most likely put together a skit.
- Thursday, September 11, Tara will join us for Chair Yoga. She is going to do a special Yoga class using visuals and music. Her theme will be how sound affects our mind and body.
- Friday, September 12, Big Smile Entertainment will join us for a performance of big band favorites from the 30’s and 40’s, from Porter and Gershwin, Dorsey and Glenn Miller. Come along on the Chattanooga Choo Choo Choo! Assisted Living family members and Independent Living Residents are all invited for this interactive musical variety show. Champagne, chocolate covered strawberries and petit fours will be served.
In addition, there will be musical trivia, reminiscing about music, dances talents, and even bingo will be musical all week. The theme The Magic of Music is meant to showcase the integral role that music plays in assisted living residences every day. The transformational effect of music continues as individual’s age and can provide joy, comfort and in some cases, memories long ago experienced. The powerful connection that music provides to residents, team members, volunteers and families will be celebrated through events and celebrations. The National Assisted Living Week® is conceived by the National Center for Assisted Living an organization dedicated to serving the needs of the assisted living community through national advocacy, education, networking, professional development, and quality initiatives.
About The Loomis Communities:
The Loomis Communities has been a visionary in exceptional senior living throughout the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts. It was the first organization in the state to open a continuing care retirement community.
With a mission of enriching the lives of older adults, The Loomis Communities offers independent living apartments and cottages, assisted living and skilled nursing care on three campuses in the Pioneer Valley: Applewood in Amherst, Loomis Lakeside at Reeds Landing in Springfield, and Loomis Village in South Hadley.
For more information, call us at the number in the upper right of this webpage or send us a note through our Contact Us form.