With so much to do, how do Loomis Village residents stay informed about the day's events? That's easy. Residents simply turn on their televisions to the Loomis Village channel to see today's announcements at Loomis Village.
All activities (unless otherwise noted) take place at:
20 Bayon Drive
South Hadley, MA 01075
Call (413) 588-5102 for more information
Ongoing Fitness and Wellness Programs at Loomis Village
Residents enjoy morning and afternoon group exercises, osteo exercise, tai chi, movement group, swimming aqua classes in our 4-season indoor pool, self-directed workouts in the fitness room and pool, Mind Aerobics, monthly wellness chat with our Health Services Director, Lisa Ball. Keeping our bodies and minds in tune.
Upcoming Special Events
Assisted Living Open House
- Thursday, February 28th, 4:00-6:30 PM
March Special Event
A Legal Checkup
- Wednesday, March 6th, 11:00 AM
- Get important information on topics that have an impact on you and your loved ones from attorney David G. Carlson, Esq. who specializes
in elder law, estate planning, and real estate law from his practice in East Longmeadow.
Please RSVP to Joshua Powers by calling (413) 588-5178 . Download our flyer for additional information.
- Get important information on topics that have an impact on you and your loved ones from attorney David G. Carlson, Esq. who specializes in elder law, estate planning, and real estate law from his practice in East Longmeadow.
March 2019 Highlights
An Afternoon in Rio de Janeiro
- Sunday, March 3rd, 2:00PM – Performing Arts Center
Kathryn Buckley-Brawner, Immigrants and Refugees; Who They Are and How We Serve Them
- Friday, March 8th, 2:30PM – Performing Arts Center.
- Executive Director of Catholic Charities Agency of the Diocese of Springfield Catholic Charities, Ms. Buckley-Brawner will offer insights on the global refugee situation, the resettlement process, and the experiences of families acclimating to their new home.
Piano Recital – Students of Galina Gersenzon
- Saturday, March 9th, 2:00 PM – Performing Arts Center
Pre-theater Talk, Yin Quartet
- Tuesday, March 12th, 7:00PM– Performing Arts Center
Top O’ the Mornin’ with Sarah the Fiddler
- Friday, March 15th, 11:00AM – Performing Arts Center
Puim Play, Lander Grinspoon Academy Students
- Wednesday, March 20th, 1:15PM – Performing Arts Center
- Learn the story of Purim, a lesser Jewish festival that commemorates the defeat of Haman’s plot to massacre the Jews as recorded by the book of Esther.
Loomis Village Sponsored Trips
Saturday, March 2nd – MHC Jazz Ensemble presents, “The Big Broadcast” – Chapin Auditorium.
Thursday, March 7th – Eric Carle Museum
Saturday, March 9th – Springfield Symphony presents On Broadway with Maestro Rhodes
Sunday, March 10th – Valley Classical Concerts presents Armida String Quartet at Sweeney Hall, Smith College
Wednesday, March 13th – Spring Bulb Show – Mount Holyoke College
Wednesday, March 27th – Yin Quartet, UMASS Bowker Auditorium
Loomis Village Resident Directed Events
- The Writer’s Group
- Theater Group
- Poetry Group
- Loomis Village Chorale Group
- Current Issues
- Bridge and Games
- Omni Book Club
- Better Together Group
- Play Reading Group
- Week-end Movies
- Opera Matinees
Challenging Times Discussion Group - Challenging Times: A Mindful Centered Response: resident - led gathering “to explore ways to prepare ourselves emotionally and spiritually for our nation’s uncertain future.” Loomis Village residents meet regularly to share their group’s reflective experience.
Fitness and Wellness Programs
- Exercise Classes and Osteo Exercise offered by trained instructors
- Movement Group
- Tai Chi
- Meditation Group
- Caregivers Support Group
- Parkinson’s Support Group
- Aqua Fitness
- Aqua Walking Group
- Aqua Yoga
- Fitness Center Orientation
- Mind Aerobics
- Fully equipped Fitness Room and 4 season pool
- Art Appreciation Video
- Hymnal Singing Group
- The Loomis Village Chorale Group
- Resident Theater Group - seasonal
- Monthly wellness topics
February 2019 Highlights
- Tuesday, February 5th, John Paul Mapinsky – Nature in Architecture.
- Artists, architects and designers often draw their inspiration from nature. This presentation looks at American Attitudes towards nature and manifest destiny as seen in the 19th and 20th century Hudson River School and contemporary artists.
- Thursday, February 7th, - “Pride” – Presented by Don Donihue and Center Congregational Church
- A comedy-drama based on an unlikely alliance between striking coal miners in a Welsh village and a Gay Pride group in London in 1984. Brief discussion to follow.
- Thursday, February 14th, Heel and Tow for Valentine’s Day, a traditional contra-dance
Gone to the Dogs
- Friday, February 15th, 1:00PM– Performing Arts Center
- Friday, February 15th, Kijua Sanders-McMurtry
- Dr. Sanders-McMurtry will discuss navigating the educational system as a woman of color and what she hopes to accomplish in her new position at Mount Holyoke as VP for Equity & Inclusion and Chief Diversity Officer
- Friday, February 22nd, Wedding Toasts, a resident production written and directed by Steve Henderson
January 2019 Highlights
- Tuesday, January 8th, Jacqueline T. Lynch - Author
- This Chicopee author will discuss her recent work, “Comedy and Tragedy on the Mountain: 70 Years of Summer Theater on Mt. Tom”
- Thursday, January 10th, Talkies & Talk for Forward Thinking Folks
- This new monthly film and discussion series is brought to you by the Program and Events committee, the Jewish Cinema Club and the Loomis Diversity Committee. Think James Bond meets Ben Gurion for the first film in the series, “Walk on Water”
- Tuesday, January 15th, Nina Scott, “Nuns’ Underwear:”
- Friday, January 18th, Gone to the Dogs
- Friday, January 25th, Doctor Vinnie Ferraro
- Thursday, January 31st, Margaret Sawyer, Organizer of the Pioneer Valley Worker’s Center
December 2018 Highlights
- Monday, December 3rd, River Valley Brass Quintet with Ira Brezinsky
- The ensemble performs a wide variety of musical styles from baroque to classical, as well as contemporary and popular music of today
- Wednesday, December 5th, 7South Hadley Chorale
- Thursday, December 6th, Cultural Diversity through Film: Walk on Water
- Sunday, December 9th, Klezamir Chanukah Concert
- Thursday, December 13th, Idelia Smith Presentation
- Sunday, December 16th, Elizabeth Chang with String Quartet and Cello