With so much to do, how do Loomis Village residents stay informed about the day's events? That's easy. Residents simply turn on their televisions to the Loomis Village channel to see today's announcements at Loomis Village.
All activities (unless otherwise noted) take place at:
20 Bayon Drive
South Hadley, MA 01075
Call (413) 588-5102 for more information
Ongoing Fitness and Wellness Programs at Loomis Village
Residents enjoy morning and afternoon group exercises, osteo exercise, tai chi, movement group, swimming aqua classes in our 4-season indoor pool, self-directed workouts in the fitness room and pool, Mind Aerobics, monthly wellness chat with our Health Services Director, Lisa Ball. Keeping our bodies and minds in tune.
January 2020 Highlights
Ethan Stone Concert
- Sunday, January 5th – 3:30PM - Auditorium
- A Berklee College of Music graduate with extensive performance experience, Ethan puts his own spin on the music of George Gershwin, Hoagy Carmichael, Rodgers and Hart, Antonio Carloe Jobim, Duke Ellington, Doctor John, Jimmy Smith, Miles Davis, Erroll Gardner and more!
“A Birds Eye View on How Hormones Impact Songbird Communication” – Dan Vahaba
- Tuesday, January 7th – 2:00PM – Auditorium.
- Like babies, infant songbirds learn how to talk (sing) early in life. But the underlying Biology of how this unfolds is largely unknown. Learn what’s known about hormones, the brain, and learning, and hopefully come to appreciate that the term “Bird Brain” should really be a compliment.
Artist Reception, “Five Felters, Five Perspectives”
- Wednesday, January 15th – 4:00PM – Auditorium
- Showcasing the work of Nina Compagnon, Sally Dillon, Martha Robinson, Flo ROsenstock, and Margaret Stancer; this show includes bespoke garments, landscapes, abstract and sculptural wall pieces by nature, artifacts and imagination.
Healing Across the Divide: Norbert Goldfield
- Thursday, January 16th – 4:00PM – Auditorium
Hampshire Young Peoples Chorus
- Friday, January 17th – 1:30PM – Auditorium
Valley Eye Radio, Making Local Newspapers Accessible to All
- Wednesday, January 22nd – 2:00PM – Auditorium
Loomis Village Sponsored Trips
Saturday January 11th – Met Opera Live, “Wozzeck”
Saturday January 11th – Boars Head Festival
Sunday January 12th – Matt Haimovitz and Simone Dinnerstein at Sweeney Hall
Wednesday January 15th – Out to Lunch, Slainte
Sunday January 26th – Bolshoi Ballet at Hampshire Mall Cinema, “Giselle”
Tuesday January 28th – “We Shall Overcome” – Umass FAC
Loomis Village Resident Directed Events
- The Writer’s Group
- Loomis Village Chorale Group
- Current Issues
- Bridge and Games
- Omni Book Club
- Better Together Group
- Play Reading Group
- Week-end Movies
- Opera Matinees
Fitness and Wellness Programs
- Exercise Classes and Osteo Exercise offered by trained instructors
- Movement Group
- Tai Chi
- Meditation Group
- Caregivers Support Group
- Parkinson’s Support Group
- Aqua Fitness
- Aqua Walking Group
- Aqua Yoga
- Fitness Center Orientation
- Mind Aerobics
- Fully equipped Fitness Room and 4 season pool
- Art Appreciation Video
- Hymnal Singing Group
- The Loomis Village Chorale Group
- Resident Theater Group - seasonal
- Monthly wellness topics
December 2019 Highlights
- Tuesday, December 3rd – Coffee Hour and Tree Trimming
- Join friends, neighbors and team members during Tuesday’s coffee hour for tree trimming and holiday spirit.
- Saturday, December 7th - Loomis Players Performance “The Prohibition of Harriet Jones”
- Harriet Jones is on trial in NYC for selling moonshine. Zany witnesses, an irritable judge, and attorneys who are a little bit mad make for a hilarious trial! Come see what the verdict is!
- Tuesday, December 10th –Erin Keefe & Friends Concert
- Violinist Erin Keefe has been performing with the Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center since 2005. Her husband, Osmo Vanska, clarinetist and conductor, has been the Music Director of the Minnesota Orchestra since 2003 and will soon be the Music Director of the Seoul Philharmonic.
- Wednesday, December 11th –South Hadley Chorale
- Friday, December 13th – Holiday Cook / Bake Off
- Tuesday, December 31st – New Year’s Eve Cabaret
November 2019 Highlights
- Friday, November 1st – Medicine Wheel Gathering
- Learn the legend of White Buffalo Calf Woman at the site.
- Monday, November 4th - Men’s Reunion Project Reception
- Come and celebrate the opening of this new photographic exhibit by lora brody, featuring the men from loomis village.
- Tuesday November 12th - Participatory Dance Performance with SHINE
- from the berkshire hills music academy, this group brings with them true love and talent for performing dance, and hope of inspiring their audiences to move with them.
- Tuesday, November 12th – TED Talk Tuesday
- Wednesday, November 20th – Memory Cafe
October 2019 Highlights
- October 1st – October 7th – Active Aging Week
- See our website for a list of events, and join us for a week of being active!!
- Friday, October 4th, TED Talk “What Really Matters at the End of Life
- After an electrical shock that nearly cost him his life, B.J Miller became passionate about end of life care and rethinking how we die.
- Tuesday October 15th, Participatory Dance Performance with SHINE
- From the Berkshire Hills Music Academy, this group brings with them a true love and talent for performing dance, and a hope of inspiring their audiences to move with them.
- Wednesday October 16th, Memory Cafe
- Friday October 25th, Welcome the Sabbath in the Jewish Tradition
- Tuesday October 29th, “Circa”, UMASS Fine Arts Center Troupe