All activities (unless otherwise noted) take place at:
20 Bayon Drive
South Hadley, MA 01075
Call (413) 588-5102 for more information
Ongoing Fitness and Wellness Programs at Loomis Village
Residents enjoy morning and afternoon group exercises, osteo exercise, tai chi, movement group, swimming aqua classes in our 4-season indoor pool, self-directed workouts in the fitness room and pool, Mind Aerobics, monthly wellness chat with our Health Services Director, Lisa Ball. Keeping our bodies and minds in tune.
Loomis Village Sponsored Trips
The Loomis Communities’ number one priority is to maintain the health, wellness, and safety of those who live in, work in, and visit our communities. As a result of the uncertainty of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the potential risks that it presents, we have postponed all Loomis Sponsored Trips until further notice.
Loomis Village Resident Directed Events
- The Writer’s Group
- Loomis Village Chorale Group
- Current Issues
- Bridge and Games
- Omni Book Club
- Better Together Group
- Play Reading Group
- Week-end Movies
- Opera Matinees
Fitness and Wellness Programs
- Exercise Classes and Osteo Exercise offered by trained instructors
- Movement Group
- Tai Chi
- Meditation Group
- Caregivers Support Group
- Parkinson’s Support Group
- Aqua Fitness
- Aqua Walking Group
- Aqua Yoga
- Fitness Center Orientation
- Mind Aerobics
- Fully equipped Fitness Room and 4 season pool
- Art Appreciation Video
- Hymnal Singing Group
- The Loomis Village Chorale Group
- Resident Theater Group - seasonal
- Monthly wellness topics
April 2020 Highlights
- Monday’s, Wednesday’s, Friday’s in April – Outdoor Walking Groups
- Saturday’s – Meditation Group
March 2020 Highlights
- Tuesday’s in March – Exploration in Paint Course
- Hosted by Art Therapist, Michelle St. Denis, this 8 week workshop will provide opportunities to practice creative ways of manipulating paint to add texture and character to your artwork. Materials provided.
- Thursday, March 5th – The Journey of a Radio City Rockette
- Hear the story of our Yoga instructor Deb Vega’s personal journey to become a Radio City Rockette, as well as some Rockette history and video footage.
- Thursday, March 19th – Trends in Asian Arts performance, Michael Sakamoto
- UMass Director of Asian Arts and Culture, Michael Sakamoto, will show a video of Asian artists making an impact on today’s performing arts scene as well as discussing his own personal experience.
- Thursday, March 19th – Olga Vinekur Concert
- Saturday, March 21st – The Loomis Players present ‘Outer Cologne’
- Wednesday, March 25th – Fitness Assessments
February 2020 Highlights
- Sunday, February 2nd – Super Bowl Watch Party
- Come watch the big game on the big screen! Plenty of snacks, beer and drinks to go around!
- Wednesday, February 5th – Artist Reception, Vera Yanez
- Photographs: Architecture and Animals. This exhibit includes photos of Antoni Gaudi’s Sagrada Familia Basilica in Barcelona, and the fascinating creatures the artist has found in the wild and in captivity.
- Friday, February 7th – Dementia Friends
- Part of a global movement that is changing the way people think, act and talk about dementia, this program will offer five key messages about dementia, a bit about what it’s ;ole to live with memory loss and ways you can help someone living with it in your community.
- Wednesday, February 12th – CBD Education 101
- Friday, February 14th – Trends in Asian Art Performance
- Tuesday, February 25th – Herbal Remedies for Wellbeing