With so much to do, how do Loomis Village residents stay informed about the day's events? That's easy. Residents simply turn on their televisions to the Loomis Village channel to see today's announcements at Loomis Village.
All activities (unless otherwise noted) take place at:
20 Bayon Drive
South Hadley, MA 01075
Call (413) 588-5102 for more information
Ongoing Fitness and Wellness Programs at Loomis Village
Residents enjoy morning and afternoon group exercises, osteo exercise, tai chi, movement group, swimming aqua classes in our 4-season indoor pool, self-directed workouts in the fitness room and pool, Mind Aerobics, monthly wellness chat with our Health Services Director, Lisa Ball. Keeping our bodies and minds in tune.
September 2019 Highlights
Honey Bee Talk with Beekeepers, Lorin and Roxy
- Event Date and Time: Friday September 6th, 3:30PM – Performing Arts Center
- Hear the latest news about the Loomis Honey Bees and the possibility of a fall harvest. Bring your need to know questions!
Movement Group with SHINE
- Event Date and Time: Tuesday September 17th, 11:30AM – Performing Arts Center.
- From the Berkshire Hills Music Academy, this group brings with them a true love and talent for performing dance, and a hope of inspiring their audiences to move with them.
Renee Moss, Soujourner Truth School
- Event Date and Time: Tuesday September 17th, 2:00PM – Performing Arts Center
- Founded in 2017, the school provides free classes in movement building skills for social change, while bringing together a diverse group of people with interest in many different causes and movements. A Q&A will follow.
- Event Date and Time: Wednesday September 18th, 11:00AM – Performing Arts Center
Cutting Edge Documentary
- Event Date and Time: Saturday September 14th, 7:30PM / Wednesday September 18th, 3:00PM – Performing Arts Center
Amelia Earhart, Pioneer in Aviation
- Event Date and Time: Thursday September 19th, 3:30PM – Performing Arts Center
Loomis Village Sponsored Trips
Thursday September 5th – The Mount and Lunch at Morgan House
Thursday, September 5th – Pub Crawl with Joe and Josh
Wednesday, September 11th – “Defeating Dementia”, an Alzheimer’s Association presentation at Bay Path University
Saturday, September 21st – “The Tuna Godess”, Majestic Theatre Sunday, September 22nd – “Koyaanisqatsi Live”, Philip Glass, UMASS FAC
Saturday, September 28th – Springfield Public Forum, “You Make Today Better: A Candid Conversation on Mental Health”, Symphony Hall.
Loomis Village Resident Directed Events
- The Writer’s Group
- Loomis Village Chorale Group
- Current Issues
- Bridge and Games
- Omni Book Club
- Better Together Group
- Play Reading Group
- Week-end Movies
- Opera Matinees
Challenging Times Discussion Group - Challenging Times: A Mindful Centered Response: resident - led gathering “to explore ways to prepare ourselves emotionally and spiritually for our nation’s uncertain future.” Loomis Village residents meet regularly to share their group’s reflective experience.
Fitness and Wellness Programs
- Exercise Classes and Osteo Exercise offered by trained instructors
- Movement Group
- Tai Chi
- Meditation Group
- Caregivers Support Group
- Parkinson’s Support Group
- Aqua Fitness
- Aqua Walking Group
- Aqua Yoga
- Fitness Center Orientation
- Mind Aerobics
- Fully equipped Fitness Room and 4 season pool
- Art Appreciation Video
- Hymnal Singing Group
- The Loomis Village Chorale Group
- Resident Theater Group - seasonal
- Monthly wellness topics
August 2019 Highlights
- Thursday, 8/8,A Loomis Village Resident Artists’ Group Exhibit Opening
- More than a dozen Loomis Village artists are participating in this show that includes oils, acrylics, pastels, fabric, photography, and more. Come out to honor our Loomis artists at the opening reception!
- Thursday, 8/8, A Talkies & Talk Film, “Cesar Chavez”
- This 2014 Mexican-American biographical film, produced and directed by Diego Luna, is about the life of American labor leader Cesar Chavez, who cofounded the United Farm Workers. The film stars Michael Peña as Chavez. 1h 42m.
- Thursday, 8/15, “Van Gogh For All,” D’Amour Museum of Fine Arts
- This interactive show immerses visitors in works of the world’s most famous painter! Followed by lunch at The Student Prince.
- Sunday, 8/18,BSO, Tanglewood
- François-Xavier Roth conducts Schumann and Brahms featuring Yo-Yo Ma and members of the BSO horn section.
- Sunday, 8/25, A Bella Voce’s Ragtime Band
- Teri LaFleur, soprano, Lisa Woods, mezzo-soprano, and Jerry Noble, piano, will perform selections from the American Songbook and popular tunes of the 1940s.
- Tuesday, 8/27, A Luscious Lycopene
- Phyllis Famularo, Registered Dietitian, will discuss the health bene-fits of tomatoes and why you should incorporate tomatoes, tomato products and other foods with lycopene into your diet. Refreshments will feature tomatoes.
- Saturday, 8/31, “A Midsummer Night’s Dream,” Academy of Music
- The Berkshire Ballet’s most celebrated production returns for a 2019 tour. Choreographed by Paula Weber, this magical 2-act ballet of Shakespeare's beloved comedy will enchant audiences.
July 2019 Highlights
- Thursday July 4th, Doug Schmolze
- Enjoy this Independence Day concert with favorites from the American Songbook. A tenor and guitarist, Doug studied guitar and composition at the Berklee School of Music.
- Saturday, July 6th, The Deerfield Trio
- Anthony Berner, violin, Mark Fraser, cello and Yu-Mei Wei, piano will perform Piano Trio in Eb Major Op. 70 no. 2 by Ludwig Von Beethoven and Piano Trio no. 2 in c minor Op. 66 by Felix Mendelssohn.
- Wednesday July 10th, Coffee with Lauren
- Come and have a cup of coffee with CEO and President, Lauren Scruggs, who will share Loomis Communities Updates with residents.
- Monday, July 15th, Leadership Council
- Thursday, July 18th, Trivia Night
- Thursday, July 25th,Tech Support Drop-in with Joe and Sabrina
June 2019 Highlights
- Sunday, June 2nd – Paul and Charlie
- Enjoy this varied selection of musical favorites including songs from John Denver, Elvis, Louie Armstrong, Nat King Cole, Frank Sinatra and even some Polka!
- Thursday, June 13 – “Meeting in a box” South Hadley Master Planners
- Sunday, June 16th, Jerry Noble & Marlene Wong Concert
- Jerry Noble and Marlene Wong join forces to focus on the songs of Kurt Weill (1900-1950), the most influential and versatile theatre composer of the 20th century; and whose great collaborators include Bertolt Brecht, the Group Theatre, Moss Hart, Ira Gershwin, Maxwell Anderson, Ogden Nash, Oscar Hammerstein II, Langston Hughes, Alan Jay Lerner and Weill’s own wife and muse, Lotte Lenya.
- Thursday, June 20th, Artist Reception for Betty Sheridan
- Wednesday, June 26th, Loomis Village Annual Picnic
- Friday June 28th, Adaskin String Trio
- Since 1994 the Adaskin String Trio has won over audiences with exuberant playing and programming that blends classical masterpieces with unexpected treasures.