Committed to treating others with dignity, kindness, and compassion.
The Loomis Communities strives to open doors to worlds of positive aging in an environment of openness and discovery that celebrates the diversity of our world and our community.
We recognize our humanity and inherent unity by welcoming all ethnicities, religions, orientations and cultures throughout our organization and across all of our communities.
To further support our commitment, The Loomis Communities Board of Directors created The Inclusion and Social Justice Committee comprised of board members, community leaders, residents, and team members. The focus: increasing awareness of lives that may be different from our own, while learning to celebrate our differences, as well as the things we have in common through educational programs, attending and creating fun interactive programs and cultural events, as well as substantive presentations and discussions on race-related topics.
Here are just some of the events and programs we have participated in over the course of the past year.
- Supported through sponsorships concerts such as Ladysmith Black Mambazo, and the Silkroad Ensemble, as well as impactful exhibits like “We Are For Freedoms” at UMassAmherst.
- Organized and participated in protests in support of Black Lives Matter
- Visited diversity themed exhibits at:
- Augustus Savage Gallery
- Carole Walters Exhibit
- Eric Carle Museum – Picturing the Dream: Black Artists and The Civil Rights Movements
- Scheduled Film series and Discussions featuring:Plays of August Wilson including Fences and The Piano Lesson during Black History Month.
- The Hate U Give
- Loving (Loving vs Virginia Supreme Court decision)
- “The Pieces I am” by Toni Morrison
- Fruitvale Station
- If Beale Street Could Talk
- I Am Not Your Negro
- The Best of Enemies
- Just Mercy
Each month brings a whole new set of experiences and opportunities. You can be part of the conversation. Check in here for ongoing programming.
We look forward to working together with residents and the community as a whole so that we can set an example for future generations as we continue to grow in tolerance and understanding for all races and cultures.
Learn more about the latest programing we support and celebrate:
South Hadley, Massachusetts
Loomis Lakeside at Reeds Landing