at Reeds Landing
With so much to do, how do Loomis Lakeside at Reeds Landing residents stay informed about the day's events? That's easy. They simply turn on their televisions to the Loomis Lakeside at Reeds Landing channel to see today's announcements at Loomis Lakeside at Reeds Landing.
All events, unless otherwise noted take place at :
Loomis Lakeside at Reeds Landing
807 Wilbraham Road
Springfield, MA 01109
For additional information please call Marketing at: (413) 355-5803
Assisted Living Program Calendar
Independent Living Program Calendar
Active Aging Week at Loomis Lakeside at Reeds Landing
- October 1st – October 7th – All Day – Community Wide
- Join our residents and staff for a week of exciting events meant to get you up and active! See main page of our website for events and how to RSVP!
TED Talk – Four Questions you Should Always Ask Your Doctor
- Thursday, October 17th – 2:00PM – Longfellow Room
- Going to the doctor is important, but what should you be asking when the doctor wants to hear from you? Join us, and Jack Henry for a discussion about this important topic and leave with the knowledge of what is the best thing to do!
Please RSVP to marketing at 413-355-5806
Recurring Weekly Events
9:00 am Chair Aerobics – A seated cardio workout, you can burn calories from a chair coached by our fitness trainer & Recreation Coordinator Cheryl Ruggirelli.
10:30 am Writing Group meets- Short stories, memoirs, poems, a book…you choose what to write in this supportive, friendly environment offering peer reviews.
2:00 pm Current Events -Different subject matters are up for discussion. Share ideas and opinions without the need for agreement or answers!
6:30 pm Knitting and Crocheting – residents gather to share various knitting and crocheting techniques
8:30 am Core Exercise- Core exercise focuses on the center of your body to help stabilize your core strengthening your back and abdominal muscles keeping you strong, helps to prevent injury, taught by Cheryl Ruggirelli.
10:00am Sit and Stretch with Debby - A work-out that makes your body feel good as you stretch, you become more flexible and this activity can give you quick energy.
3:00 pm Tai Chi- Instructed by Brian Kean of Total Care Acupuncture, this gentile form of exercise can help maintain strength, flexibility and balance.
8:30am Core Exercise- Core exercise focuses on the center of your body to help stabilize your core strengthening your back and abdominal muscles keeping you strong, helps to prevent injury the class is taught by Cheryl Ruggirelli.
9:45am Chair Yoga- Experience the benefits of gentle yoga from the comfort of your chair guided by Tara Rahkola.
10:30am Coffee Social- Join residents in Twains Café for pasties and conversation
2:00pm Ted Talks- Resident Dan Marx hosts a video series that features different topics
8:30am Men’s breakfast- Meet in Twain’s Café; enjoy a variety of breakfast foods and great company.
9:00am Chair Aerobics- A seated cardio workout, you can burn calories from a chair coached by our fitness trainer & Recreation Coordinator Cheryl Ruggirelli.
12:00pm Duplicate Bridge
5:00pm Ping Pong
- Thursday September 12th – IT Drop In – Tech Talk
- Join our IT department for a drop in tech talk! Bring your device and your questions and receive answers from the experts.
- Sunday, September 22nd – 2:00PM Stephen Collins, Unlaunch’d Voices
- Join Stephen Collins from Unlaunch’d Voices, along with our residents, for this exciting one-man play about Herman Melville, the American author best known for his whaling epic, Moby Dick. The play chronicles Melville’s life from youth to old age, concentrating on his evolution as a writer and his complex relations with god, his family, and his wife.
- Thursday August 1, 2019 Coffee and Baked Goods with Carol Constant
- Join Carol (director of community engagement) for Coffee and Baked Goods as she discusses the Dementia Strategic Plan, Philanthropy, and Community Outreach!
- Thursdays in August Wii Games!
- Come join in the fun! This is a new program directed by resident Mr. Weston! Come join in the fun, entertainment and excitement! From Bowling to Boxing! Sitting or Standing! Fun for all!
- Thursday August 8, 2019 Go Geeks Lecture
- Stan from Go Geeks is back again! Do you own Windows 7? Find out your options! Upgrade if you can or replace your PC so you will not be unsecure.
- Monday August 12, 2019 Memory Café
- A Memory Café is a safe and comfortable space were caregivers* and their loved ones experiencing dementia can eat, drink, socialize, and participate in a fun activity together while being able to exchange information with and receive support from people they can relate to.
*Caregivers could be a spouse, child, grandchild, niece/nephew, friend, paid caregiver etc.
Please RSVP to Bridget Finney 413-355-5802
- Thursday August 15, 2019 Nutritional Drop in Session with the Pharmacist’s from Big Y
- The Big Y exclusive pharmacy based wellness program: Inform and Inspire holds wellness sessions every month in their stores. They also bring these monthly sessions to LLRL! Stop by and see them!
- Sunday August 18, 2019 Concert Pianist Archie Richards
- After some years as a stockbroker and financial planner, Archie Richards wrote weekly columns, “Richards on Money Matters,” for the newspapers of various mid-sized American cities. An investment book of his was published in 2007 by McGraw-Hill. Archie lives at the Havenwood-Heritage Heights retirement community in Concord, NH. He became a professional pianist seven years ago at the age of 72 and performs classical piano concerts and sing-alongs in retirement homes throughout Northern New England. Although he’d played piano all his life, he didn’t find a top-level teacher until the age of 32. She was the daughter and assistant of a famous pianist, Alexander Siloti, who in turn was a student of Franz Liszt, one of the greatest pianists who ever lived.
- Thursday August 22, 2019 IT Drop in Tech Talk with our very own IT Department!
- Do you have a question for Loomis Lakeside at Reeds Landing’s technology department? Drop in and ask them a question or bring your own devices for a mini “how to session”
- Thursday August 22, 2019 Education Against Senior Exploitation Lecture by Joan O’Brien Assistant District Attorney
- Joan will bring her Education Against Senior Exploitation (EASE) Program to us! This one hour presentation is aimed at protecting seniors and preventing abuse by proving the information you need to avoid becoming a victim of financial exploitation scams.
- Thursday August 29, 2019 Lecture with the Greater Springfield Senior Services Prevention Department
- How to identify scams? How to identify mail scams and what to do if you are a victim! They will also review some of the latest scams they are seeing in our area!
- Thursday August 29, 2019 Entertainment with Ritchie Mitnick and Joe
- Back by popular demand! Ritchie Mitnick will be here playing the keyboard as we hear what Loomis Lakeside at Reeds Landing residents have described as a extremely talented singer!
- Friday, July 5th 2019 Honky Tonk Piano with Gary Landgren
- Self taught since 15, specializing in the unique style o honky tonk piano, he always wanted to play the piano and have folks sing along. Now 25 years later, having honed his “gig” which includes a bit of history, and a bit of humor, showing the features of his piano, his marketing is the simplest and he offers no biography. Join us as we pull out the red carpet!
- Wednesday, July 10th 2019 Country Music with Chuck Shaw
- All the way from Texas! Chuck is seasoned by life on the road, grounded deep in Lone Star tradition, Texas based singer / songwriter Chuck Shaw unveiled his first album on February 8th. Shaw has been called country music’s newest champion by TheDailyCountry.com.
- Monday, July 15th 2019 Drop In Session with Tina and Bridget on Volunteer Opportunities
- Did you know approximately 90 percent of our Independent Living Programs are Resident Directed! Residents who direct programs, help with marketing events, volunteer within our community or our surrounding community, or are involved in our various committees or focus groups are all taking advantage of the Occupational Wellness opportunities Loomis Lakeside at Reeds Landing has to offer! Thank you to all of our resident volunteers for being an active part of this community! If you are interested in seeing which resident volunteer programs are available to you, please visit our resident volunteer drop in session