at Reeds Landing
With so much to do, how do Loomis Lakeside at Reeds Landing residents stay informed about the day's events? That's easy. They simply turn on their televisions to the Loomis Lakeside at Reeds Landing channel to see today's announcements at Loomis Lakeside at Reeds Landing.
All events, unless otherwise noted take place at :
Loomis Lakeside at Reeds Landing
807 Wilbraham Road
Springfield, MA 01109
For additional information please call Marketing at: (413) 355-5803
Assisted Living Activities Calendar
Independent Living Activities Calendar
Coffee and Baked Goods with Carol Constant
- Thursday August 1, 2019 10:30am Longfellow Room
- Join Carol (director of community engagement) for Coffee and Baked Goods as she discusses the Dementia Strategic Plan, Philanthropy, and Community Outreach!
- Thursdays in August 4:00 to 5:00 Longfellow Room
- Come join in the fun! This is a new program directed by resident Mr. Weston! Come join in the fun, entertainment and excitement! From Bowling to Boxing! Sitting or Standing! Fun for all!
Go Geeks Lecture
- Thursday August 8, 2019 11:00am Longfellow Room
- Stan from Go Geeks is back again! Do you own Windows 7? Find out your options! Upgrade if you can or replace your PC so you will not be unsecure.
- Monday August 12, 2019 11:00 to 12:00 Longfellow Room
- A Memory Café is a safe and comfortable space were caregivers* and their loved ones experiencing dementia can eat, drink, socialize, and participate in a fun activity together while being able to exchange information with and receive support from people they can relate to.
*Caregivers could be a spouse, child, grandchild, niece/nephew, friend, paid caregiver etc.
Please RSVP to Bridget Finney 413-355-5802
Nutritional Drop in Session with the Pharmacist’s from Big Y
- Thursday August 15, 2019 10:00am to 11:00am Twains
- The Big Y exclusive pharmacy based wellness program: Inform and Inspire holds wellness sessions every month in their stores. They also bring these monthly sessions to LLRL! Stop by and see them!
Concert Pianist Archie Richards
- Sunday August 18, 2019 2:00pm Longfellow Room
- After some years as a stockbroker and financial planner, Archie Richards wrote weekly columns, “Richards on Money Matters,” for the newspapers of various mid-sized American cities. An investment book of his was published in 2007 by McGraw-Hill. Archie lives at the Havenwood-Heritage Heights retirement community in Concord, NH. He became a professional pianist seven years ago at the age of 72 and performs classical piano concerts and sing-alongs in retirement homes throughout Northern New England. Although he’d played piano all his life, he didn’t find a top-level teacher until the age of 32. She was the daughter and assistant of a famous pianist, Alexander Siloti, who in turn was a student of Franz Liszt, one of the greatest pianists who ever lived.
IT Drop in Tech Talk with our very own IT Department!
- Thursday August 22, 2019 11:00am to 12:00pm Living Room
- Do you have a question for Loomis Lakeside at Reeds Landing’s technology department? Drop in and ask them a question or bring your own devices for a mini “how to session”
Education Against Senior Exploitation Lecture by Joan O’Brien Assistant District Attorney
- Thursday August 22, 2019 4:00pm Living Room
- Joan will bring her Education Against Senior Exploitation (EASE) Program to us! This one hour presentation is aimed at protecting seniors and preventing abuse by proving the information you need to avoid becoming a victim of financial exploitation scams.
Lecture with the Greater Springfield Senior Services Prevention Department
- Thursday August 29, 2019 11:00am Longfellow Room
- How to identify scams? How to identify mail scams and what to do if you are a victim! They will also review some of the latest scams they are seeing in our area!
Entertainment with Ritchie Mitnick and Joe
- Thursday August 29, 2019 7:00pm Longfellow Room
- Back by popular demand! Ritchie Mitnick will be here playing the keyboard as we hear what Loomis Lakeside at Reeds Landing residents have described as a extremely talented singer!
Please RSVP to marketing at 413-355-5806
Recurring Weekly Events
9:00 am Chair Aerobics – A seated cardio workout, you can burn calories from a chair coached by our fitness trainer & Recreation Coordinator Cheryl Ruggirelli.
10:30 am Writing Group meets- Short stories, memoirs, poems, a book…you choose what to write in this supportive, friendly environment offering peer reviews.
2:00 pm Current Events -Different subject matters are up for discussion. Share ideas and opinions without the need for agreement or answers!
6:30 pm Knitting and Crocheting – residents gather to share various knitting and crocheting techniques
8:30 am Core Exercise- Core exercise focuses on the center of your body to help stabilize your core strengthening your back and abdominal muscles keeping you strong, helps to prevent injury, taught by Cheryl Ruggirelli.
10:00am Sit and Stretch with Debby - A work-out that makes your body feel good as you stretch, you become more flexible and this activity can give you quick energy.
3:00 pm Tai Chi- Instructed by Brian Kean of Total Care Acupuncture, this gentile form of exercise can help maintain strength, flexibility and balance.
8:30am Core Exercise- Core exercise focuses on the center of your body to help stabilize your core strengthening your back and abdominal muscles keeping you strong, helps to prevent injury the class is taught by Cheryl Ruggirelli.
9:45am Chair Yoga- Experience the benefits of gentle yoga from the comfort of your chair guided by Tara Rahkola.
10:30am Coffee Social- Join residents in Twains Café for pasties and conversation
2:00pm Ted Talks- Resident Dan Marx hosts a video series that features different topics
8:30am Men’s breakfast- Meet in Twain’s Café; enjoy a variety of breakfast foods and great company.
9:00am Chair Aerobics- A seated cardio workout, you can burn calories from a chair coached by our fitness trainer & Recreation Coordinator Cheryl Ruggirelli.
12:00pm Duplicate Bridge
5:00pm Ping Pong
- Friday, July 5th 2019 Honky Tonk Piano with Gary Landgren
- Self taught since 15, specializing in the unique style o honky tonk piano, he always wanted to play the piano and have folks sing along. Now 25 years later, having honed his “gig” which includes a bit of history, and a bit of humor, showing the features of his piano, his marketing is the simplest and he offers no biography. Join us as we pull out the red carpet!
- Wednesday, July 10th 2019 Country Music with Chuck Shaw
- All the way from Texas! Chuck is seasoned by life on the road, grounded deep in Lone Star tradition, Texas based singer / songwriter Chuck Shaw unveiled his first album on February 8th. Shaw has been called country music’s newest champion by TheDailyCountry.com.
- Monday, July 15th 2019 Drop In Session with Tina and Bridget on Volunteer Opportunities
- Did you know approximately 90 percent of our Independent Living Programs are Resident Directed! Residents who direct programs, help with marketing events, volunteer within our community or our surrounding community, or are involved in our various committees or focus groups are all taking advantage of the Occupational Wellness opportunities Loomis Lakeside at Reeds Landing has to offer! Thank you to all of our resident volunteers for being an active part of this community! If you are interested in seeing which resident volunteer programs are available to you, please visit our resident volunteer drop in session
- Friday, June 7th 2019 – RoomUnderstanding and Responding to Dementia Related Behaviors
- Behavior is a powerful form of communication and is one of the primary ways for people with dementia to communicate their needs and feelings as the ability to use language is lost. However, some behaviors can present real challenges for caregivers to manage. Join us to learn to decode behavioral messages, identify common behavior triggers, and learn strategies to help intervene with some of the most common behavioral challenges of Alzheimer’s disease. Presented by Heather Jagodowski of the Alzheimer’s Association.
- Friday, June 7th 2019 –Entertainment with Jimmy Mazz
- With 40 plus years of entertainment experience, and as the Headliner at the Superstar Theater at the Resorts International Hotel & Casino in Atlantic City, Jimmy Mazz truly understands how to entertain an audience. Take a musical Jazz ride through the decades re-living all the great music!
- Friday, June 21st 2019 – Old Post Road Orchestra Lawn Concert
- Community Music at its Best! The Old Post Road Orchestra is enjoying its 29th concert season as a volunteer community orchestra based in Wilbraham, Massachusetts. Their mission is to provide quality symphonic music at convenient locations in and around Western Massachusetts, and to offer people of all ages the opportunity to play their instruments in a friendly, community based orchestra. Musicians ranging in age from teenagers to octogenarians gather from 28 towns and cities across the Western Massachusetts area to share their love of music with the community
- Friday, May 3rd 2019 Learning in Later Life – The Poetry of Mary Oliver
- Dr. Anne Herzog returns to present the poetry of Mary Oliver, who passed away on January 17, 2019, as this session was being developed. Mary Oliver was a contemporary American poet beloved by so many general readers Oliver enjoyed poetry sale numbers that far exceeded many other publishing poets, at a time when many would argue that poetry is an irrelevant genre of writing that speaks only to a specialized few. Come to share your own reasons for enjoying Oliver's writing and/or to learn more about her life and her poetry.
- Friday, May 3rd 2019 Richie Mitnick Music
- Always a popular event, Richie Mitnick has been entertaining throughout New England and New York for many years, offering the “easy listening” sound that transcends generations. Join us for a fun Friday night filled with good times and great music!
- Thursday, May 16th 2019 Brewery Crawl with Joe and Josh
- Ever wondered if you have a favorite beer? IPA, Stout, Porter, Sour? Join IT Director Joe Paul and Marketing Coordinator Josh Powers on a trip to explore the breweries of Easthampton! Bus will depart at 3:30 and return later that evening. Transportation is provided, but bring money for food and drinks.