at Reeds Landing
All events, unless otherwise noted take place at :
Loomis Lakeside at Reeds Landing
807 Wilbraham Road
Springfield, MA 01109
For additional information please call Marketing at: (413) 355-5803
Assisted Living Program Calendar
Independent Living Program Calendar
Calendar Update May 2020
The Loomis Communities’ number one priority is to maintain the health, wellness, and safety of those who live in, work in, and visit our communities. As a result of the uncertainty of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the potential risks that it presents, we have postponed all Loomis Sponsored Activities and Trips until further notice.
Recurring Weekly Events
9:00 am Chair Aerobics – A seated cardio workout, you can burn calories from a chair coached by our fitness trainer & Recreation Coordinator Cheryl Ruggirelli.
10:30 am Writing Group meets- Short stories, memoirs, poems, a book…you choose what to write in this supportive, friendly environment offering peer reviews.
2:00 pm Current Events -Different subject matters are up for discussion. Share ideas and opinions without the need for agreement or answers!
6:30 pm Knitting and Crocheting – residents gather to share various knitting and crocheting techniques
8:30 am Core Exercise- Core exercise focuses on the center of your body to help stabilize your core strengthening your back and abdominal muscles keeping you strong, helps to prevent injury, taught by Cheryl Ruggirelli.
10:00am Sit and Stretch with Debby - A work-out that makes your body feel good as you stretch, you become more flexible and this activity can give you quick energy.
3:00 pm Tai Chi- Instructed by Brian Kean of Total Care Acupuncture, this gentile form of exercise can help maintain strength, flexibility and balance.
8:30am Core Exercise- Core exercise focuses on the center of your body to help stabilize your core strengthening your back and abdominal muscles keeping you strong, helps to prevent injury the class is taught by Cheryl Ruggirelli.
9:45am Chair Yoga- Experience the benefits of gentle yoga from the comfort of your chair guided by Tara Rahkola.
10:30am Coffee Social- Join residents in Twains Café for pasties and conversation
2:00pm Ted Talks- Resident Dan Marx hosts a video series that features different topics
8:30am Men’s breakfast- Meet in Twain’s Café; enjoy a variety of breakfast foods and great company.
9:00am Chair Aerobics- A seated cardio workout, you can burn calories from a chair coached by our fitness trainer & Recreation Coordinator Cheryl Ruggirelli.
12:00pm Duplicate Bridge
5:00pm Ping Pong
April 2020 Events
- Tuesday’s in April – Gentle Joints with Cindy – Outdoor Patio
- Cindy will continue her workout program with Loomis Lakeside at Reeds Landing residents, but outside! Join her on the patio behind the living room to get moving. Can’t make it? We will live stream the program onto the Loomis Communities YouTube page!
- Friday April 17th – Frank & The Outside Singer
- Enjoy a wonderful concert, from the comfort of your own home! Frank will be walking around the community, performing music for residents outside their windows. Open up, or come out onto your patio if you have one for a wonderful concert.
March 2020 Events
- Thursday March 5th – Podcasting with Josh
- What is a podcast? How do you make one? Where Can I hear them? All of these questions and more will be answered when our Marketing Coordinator Josh Powers comes to show how a podcast is made. Residents will have a chance to see the podcasting process, learn about the equipment, and hear what one sounds like in this informative presentation.
- Tuesdays in March – TED Talks
- Join Dan Marx as he explores various TED talks with residents. These in depth discussions will open a new world of thought for all. Topics in March include: “Don’t Insist on English”, “Why I Live in Mortal Fear of Public Speaking”, and “The U.S Needs Paid Family Leave for the Sake of its Future”.
- Tuesday February 12th – Dining Room Grand Opening!
- A night that is months in the making. Come with your fellow resident to see the brand new main dining room. Complete with fireplace, a new design and stone work; this room is sure to get you ready for a delicious dinner!
- Saturday February 29th – Met Opera – Agrippina
- Handel’s tale of intrigue and impropriety in ancient Rome receives its first Met performances, with star mezzo-soprano Joyce DiDonato as the controlling, power-hungry Agrippina and Harry Bicket conducting. Sir David McVicar’s production ingeniously reframes the action of this black comedy about the abuse of power to “the present,” where it should loudly resonate. The all-star cast features mezzo-soprano Kate Lindsey as Agrippina’s son and future emperor Nerone, soprano Brenda Rae as the seductive Poppea, countertenor Iestyn Davies as the ambitious officer Ottone, and bass Matthew Rose as the weary emperor Claudius